I’m sure we’re not the first to say it, but if you’re visiting this page you’ve probably just got engaged. If you’re looking at getting married in one of our churches, here’s what you need to know and what to do next.
Come and Talk to Us:
- Please talk to us as early as possible so that we can reserve a date for you before booking your reception venue, as we cannot guarantee we will have your chosen date available.
- By law we have to establish whether you have a qualifying connection with the Parish before we can confirm whether you can officially marry in the parish.
Here’s what will happen:
- After an initial conversation, you’ll need to meet with the Vicar to go through a few things – the information we need, the legal bit, and the options available to you (e.g. flowers, music, etc.)
- After we’ve done this, you will need to complete an application form together with a £100 deposit before we can confirm your booking.
- Finally, every couple getting married here is invited to a marriage preparation course. We think marriage is worth investing in, so we would like to help couples put down some strong foundations.
The best next step is to contact our church office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will talk you through everything you need to know, as well as to look at possible dates. We’d encourage you to book early – that way we can make sure more options are available to you for your big day.
Exciting times are ahead. May God bless you!